Sunday 25 March 2012

L'ombelico del mondo AKA the Belly Button

... Since time immemorial I always had one fear... irrational, stupid, with no scientific foundation whatsoever .... but nevertheless a real fear ... some people are afraid of spiders, snakes, some people are even scared of owls....
and I? well except for cockroaches I .. I ...
I always thought
( rationally i know it is not true, but i am really terrified that it might happen)
that my belly button had no bottom .... yes a kind of Pozzo di San Patrizio where there is no end,
and i always had the fear that if i poked my belly button and went too deep i would reach my internal organs....
In my fear only a thin membrane protects me from spilling my guts  out, so going near the belly button has always been a no no, as i might break something and it could all turn out poopoo (literally...)
...
and now...
and now as the bump is growing growing growing (2cm more a week it seems)

SHOCK AND HORROR

i can see the bottom of it...

I am havign nightmares about it...
I am waking up in the middle of the night sweating and trembling with my hands on my tummy convinved that the impossible has actually happened...
the belly button is inside out and the membrane that protects my interiors is broken and the guts are coming out....
Could i be more silly??????
Not really but it is really taken all of my courage to face one of my oldest fear and put one of my fingers inside the belly button and actually feel its bottom....
and EEEWWWWW it is disgusting..
I suppose the final test will be when i actually will have no belly button as the bump will stretch even further in the next 3 months......

Power to the tummy.... LONG LIVE THE TUMMY

8 comments:

  1. You managed to freak me out off having babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know.... it is disgusting.... but the truth is....

      Delete
  2. I agree with Anto!! Now I am soooo scared! (btw the post is funny!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "some people are even scared of owls...."

    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wonder who i was talking about there :P

      Delete
  4. Kris really hates belly buttons too, and he was totally weirded out when mine popped out during pregnancy.

    One of the other mother's in my mother group has a real belly button fear as well, and now her little girl has got an umbilical hernia (just had to look that up in the dictionary!) and she has to poke it back in every day according to her doctor. She is completely freaked out by it, poor woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG i did not even know there were illness of the belly button... now that will freak me out!!!!!
      more nightmares to come
      :(:(:(:(

      Delete